Switch to our new Hotel Tuscany Prategiano website with the latest fotos !
Cyle tours in Tuscany Italy
Cycling with GPS in Maremma Toscana
Enjoy great Cycle tours from the coast to the hills of the Maremma Tuscany
The surroundings of the Hotel Prategiano, both near and far, are considered a paradise for cyclists and mountain bikers. You will enjoy the winding, small roads, where you find little traffic. Several exacting tours over hills and mountains strengthen your muscels.
Our team will be glad to cater for your special "Biker-wishes" :
- free download of several tours to your GPS
- detailed cards and tours proposals
- lockable bicycle room, place for reparations and cleaning
- emergency service (pickup with the mini bus)
- transfers by mini bus
- washing machine at your disposal
- possibility to rent front suspension mountain bikes
- possibility for take-away picnics
- picnics in the countryside
- dinner with respectively 2 "Primi" and 2 "Secondi" at your choice, salad buffet, small choice “a la carte”
Easy tours with mountain or trekking bike
Please find below a selection of the best round trip cycle tours on white roads or panoramic asphalt roads with few traffic for your cycling holidays in Tuscany. You can have nice breaks in small medieval villages.
At the reception you will receive maps and descriptions of the tours with detailled indications of the elevation. You can even download some of the tours from our computer to your (garmin) GPS device.
- Prategiano - top hill "Poggio di Prata" - Prata - Montieri - Prategiano: 31 km, total elevation 700 m: 23,5 km asphalt 7,5 km white road;
Highlights: woods with chestnut and oak trees, incredable view of the Maremma coast until the island of Elba and Corsica, picnic close to an old fountain, break in the medieval village of Prata
- Prategiano - Gerfalco - Travale - Prategiano: 22 km, total elevation 650 m: 13,5 km asphalt 8,5 km white road; map
Highlights: visit of the top hill village Gerfalco, nice white road through the natural parc "Le Cornate" with impressive views, old restaured farm houses, springs with cristal water, break in Travale
- Prategiano - Montieri - Palazetto - monastry San Galgano - Frasini - Chiusdino - Ciciano - Prategiano: 39 km, total elevation 850 m: 100% asphalt; Highlights: see below
- Prategiano - Travale - Montalcinello - Chiusdino - Ciciano - Prategiano: 33 km, total elevation 800 m: 28 km asphalt 4 km white road 1 km dirt road;
Highlighs: geotermic area "Lagoni", nice white road along a ridge, stop in the village Montalcinello, visit of Chiusdino. Example tour on GoogleEarth
Itineraries for tour with racing bike
- Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Massa Marittima - Prata - Montieri: about 70 km, total elevation 800 m: 100% asphalt;
Highlights: Visit of Massa Marittima with one of the most beautiful squares and cathedrals in Tuscany, stop at the medieval village of Prata, beautiful fields and vallies
- Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Palazetto - monastry San Galgano - Frasini - Chiusdino - Ciciano - Prategiano: 39 km, total elevation 750 m: 100% asphalt;
Highlights: stop at the river Merse, visit of the famous monastry San Galgano, small road without traffic through fields with fantastic views; break in the pitoresque village of Chiusdino, picnic with other clients at our picnic place "Chiusdino"
- Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Monterotondo - Castelnuovo - Anqua - Montieri: 62 km, total elevation 1100 m: 100% asphalt;
Highlights: geotermic power stations around Castelnuovo, small road without traffic around the fantastic Renaissance Villa of Anqua,
great landscape with lots of abandonated farm houses, stop at the river Cecina; attention: The road before Anqua is not asphalted for 1 km, but easy to cycle.
- Round trip cycle tour Montieri - San Gimigniano - Volterra - Montieri: about 150 km: Hightlights: Visit to San Gimigniano and Volterra. Cycling in Tuscany over uncountless hills will strenghen your muscels.
- Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Follonica (beach) - Scalino - Tatti - Montieri: about 130 km
- Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Travale - Montalcinello - Chiusdino - Montieri: about 60 km, total elevation 900 m: 100% asphalt;
Highlights: Beautiful roads nearly without traffic, stop in Montalcinello, visit of Chiusdino, picnic close to the village
- Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Chiusdino - Rosia - Siena - Monteriggioni - Radicondoli - Montieri: about 110 km
Would you like to receive further information or do
you want to book a room in our hotel? Please write (email@example.com)
or call us (0039 0566 997700) ! We will be glad to help you.